Last modified: June 21, 2019
Inspiring Healthcare, LLC, dba, MedChefs, (”Company”, “We” or “Us”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.medchefs.com (our “Website”) or use our proprietary application (our ”Application”), as well as our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. “You” or “User” refers to the visitors, users and subscribers of the Website.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website or through the Application.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- Through our payment platform at Stripe.
This policy does not apply to information:
- Collected by us offline or otherwise independently of this Website or Application.
- Collected by any third party, including professionals with whom you may interact or engage through your use of this Website, our Application or through any third party application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Violation of Policy. If you find that our policy has been violated, we want to address this immediately. Please direct your inquiries or complaints to Inspiring Healthcare, LLC, Attn: Dr. T. G. Quinn, 4200 Park Blvd. #641, Oakland, CA 94602, and/or e-mail email@example.com. Inspiring Healthcare, LLC commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information, and we will use all reasonable efforts to address your concern within four weeks after we receive your complaint. If you feel that your complaint has not been addressed completely, we invite you to let us know, and we will investigate further.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about Users of our Website or Application. This includes:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, and any other information that may be defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“Personal Information”);
- Information that describes your demography but does not actually identify you personally, such as race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, certain physical characteristics such as height and weight, diet, lifestyle preferences (activity level, favorite foods, etc.) and physicians or medical providers; and/or
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, your browser and operating system and other usage details.
We Collect This Information from Several Sources:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From Stripe, the payment platform we use to collect and distribute payments of fees and charges, including zip code, payment preferences, services purchased and credit card information.
- Automatically as you use and navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through embedded code snippets, including cookies, widgets, codelets, iFrames, etc.
- From third parties, for example, personal information you have shared by means of single-sign-on services through social media sites such as Facebook Connect or Google.
Information We Collect from You
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide at the time of registering to use our Website and Application, including name, e-mail address, gender, race, age, height, weight, dietary preferences, information about the services you are looking for, and any other information that you enter into our Application. We may also ask you for your information when you report a problem with our Website or Application.
- Information you provide when accessing Stripe, including, your IP address, date and time of access, User ID when used, certain payment and financial information, including credit card information, your web browser and the operating system you use.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email address and phone number), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research or quality assessment purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or Application and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide payment or financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website or Application.
- Any other information that you enter in our Application or on our Website, including recipes, dietary journaling and feedback.
You also may post information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are published and/or transmitted to others at your own risk; the Company has little control over the dissemination of information that you post on public forums or sites. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and Application, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website or Application, including traffic data such as pages viewed and number of visits, location data, services selected and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer, mobile phone or tablet, internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, domains you visit and other resource information.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data for use in helping us improve the Website and the quality of the User’s experience. It does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or from third parties. This includes information to enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include any of the following:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. [For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.]
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or to collect other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We also may use these technologies to collect certain behavioral information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. You may configure the settings on your browser to block cookies and other data gathering devices, but doing so may impact your user experience on the Website or Application. For information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not use these tools to collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Information from Children
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under that age, and no one under that age should provide any information, personal or otherwise, on or through the Website. If you are under 16, you must not use or provide any information on this Website, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Private Medical Information.
Information that you may provide on our Website or the Application may include information about your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition. This information falls within the definition of protected health information (“PHI”) that is protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). The standards embedded in that law address the use and disclosure of an individual’s PHI, and requires organizations subject to HIPAA, called “covered entities”, to adhere to certain standards of protection and privacy of PHI. We believe we do not fall within the definition of “covered entities” under HIPAA, and therefore do not have policies and procedures that conform to the HIPAA standards. While our policy is not to disclose to third parties any protected health information that you post on the Website, you should be mindful of the sensitivity of such information and not post on the Website any information that you do not want disclosed to third parties. Information that you disclose to or share with your medical professional should be shared directly with him or her through secure communication channels, and not via the Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that you provide to us or that we collect about you, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and Application and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account including connections with professionals, appointment information and information about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to any unrelated third-parties.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties (including a personal physician or healthcare provider that you have designated to receive the information) we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Inspiring Healthcare’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Inspiring Healthcare, LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Inspiring Healthcare, LLC, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see [Your California Privacy Rights] for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send requests to MedChefs/Inspiring Healthcare, LLC., Attn: Dr. T. G. Quinn, 4200 Park Blvd. #641, Oakland, CA 94602, and/or e-mail email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see [Your California Privacy Rights] for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. All payment transactions are handled directly by our payment processing platform Stripe and are encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Inspiring Healthcare, LLC, dba MedChefs
4200 Park Blvd. #641
Oakland, CA 94602
Attn: Dr. T. G. Quinn
and/or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org